Abandoned van in my premises

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Abandoned van in my premises
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
BOBY
14 Posts
0 Thanks
A friend of my tenant left an old (untaxed/uninsured 8tonnes Transit van) in my front court for nearly a year.My tenant moved out but his friend did not collect his rubbish van. I called him several times to remove it, but he kept promissing but no action. I asked the police as what to do? they told me it has got nothing to do with them. It is a civil matter.My other tenants are upset as they can not park their cars. The owner is one of those nuts that would not give a damn to anything.I don't want to take court action as it is a waste of time.(I had two tenants in the same premises that did not pay their rent for 8 months and although were convicted by court, but they did not pay and the council provided them with new flats and leaving me out of pocket for £8000. They simply disappeared. When I protested to council they, simply said it has got nothing to do with them. The only positive thing the court did was the eviction).several scrap metal merchants have called me through my existing tenants to help us to remove this monster, but I have been reluctant as although the Van is in my premises but it does not belong to me and if I ask them to get rid of it what would be the legal implications? But I have decided enough is enough, I want ask the Metal scrap people come and take it away¬ What do you think?

Thanks

10/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband