who is responsible for the cost of repair?

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance who is responsible for the cost of repair?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
PM
2 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi Advice Team

Recently, a leak was reported to us in the bathroom. It has numerous factor that I know of, there were broken floor tiles, grout coming off and due care was not given in-time. My builder is convinced that we need to replace the tiles and do the shower from scratch again (unless looking for a very temporary fix by grouting them again) and it will take few days.

We had fixed issues in the shower before due to the leak /blockade.

Due to the leak several damage has also happened on the room downstairs, roof probably needs changing or re-plastering, painting, Tenant's bedding got wet as well. There are other minor problems including replacing pipes etc.

My query is that who is responsible for the cost of repair? i) Us, ii) Tenants or iii) Insurance company

I am not happy that leak was allowed to happen and have made clear in past that care needs to be taken

Please advise.

Regards
Jakin

13/11/2017 13:39

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband