Straightforward claim?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Straightforward claim?
21 Posts
1 Thanks

My tenant left owing me money in excess of the deposit so I used MCOL to get a CCJ. The tenant didn't contest this. She also didn't reply when my agent tried to contact her.

I sent the agent a copy of the CCJ but they said it isn't enough as it just says that she has to pay me the money, not that Mydeposits has to pay me. They say I need to get another court order.

I find it hard to believe that parliament would devise a scheme that forces landlords to spend a significant chunk of the deposit just to get access to the money when it isn't contested.

Can anyone tell me the best way to proceed? Thanks.

17/11/2017 14:35

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page