Tenant arrested

You are here : Member Forums Access Tenant arrested
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Duff
15 Posts
2 Thanks
Signed up a young couple 2 months ago, female rang to say her partner has been arrested for vandalising her car and he on remand until 7th nov. As he was violent she is frightened and wants to leave the flat and the landlord has agreed she may but his clothes are still there as he is in prison not sure what to do here as its a joint tenancy agreemeent. Unlikely he will be able to pay for the flat on his own as they are on benefit and he is under 35, she has a child however and another on the way. Once she goes how can I serve him notice and on what grounds or is there something I can do to prevent his return. He may be sentenced on 7th nov as he has previous we don't know.
Landlord wants me to find another tenant and says he will store his belongings and he can collect them. I can't see he would want to come back really but I need to do something here to protect our position or find a way of telling him we are giving notice.
Please advise
21/10/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband