Housing benefit tenant in arrears

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Housing benefit tenant in arrears
6 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi, I need some assistance. A tenant I have has fallen behind with rent. They have changed jobs and as a consequence their housing benefit as been reduced.

Housing benefit is being paid directly to us. The council have now asked us to repay 213.58 and her current rent arrears stand at £387.03. I have spoken to her and she has no way to pay so I have tried to assist where I can. However at least five occasion she has said she will pay something into the bank and hasn't. Now she will not answer communication.

I see my options are as she is now periodic to serve her notice or can I serve a section 8 for rent arrears although technically she doesn't owe two months full rent due to the housing benefit payments.

Her rental is £550 pcm and housing benefits is £71.91


01/12/2017 09:28

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page