Cleaning charges

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Cleaning charges
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
14 Posts
1 Thanks

I asked a local cleaner to give me prices or a rough idea of costs to clean various sized apartments, one bed, two bed etc and I had an apartment needed to be cleaned for a tenant to move in. She would not give me a price but rather said she would like to see the apartment and give me a fixed quote which I said fine and handed her the keys to go and have a look And I asked her for her to phone me with her price before commencing. She never phoned me although she maintains she tried to (my phone was on with signal she never phoned me). She then came back a few hours later with the keys and said it had all been cleaned and she would email me an invoice. When the invoice came through she charged me £100, this is to clean the two bed apartment. I was pretty shocked having been charged around £40 for the same size apartments from other cleaners. On questioning her on how she came to the £100 she said that there was a £25 late booking fee and £75 (£15ph for two cleaners) for 2 1/2 hours. The apartment did not need five hours worth of cleaning!!
After some to-ing and frowing of emails she is being absolutely adamant that she stands by her £100 invoice.
What can I do? I would have saved her a trip if she had told me at the time that there was a late booking fee of £25 let alone her charging £75 for the rest of the clean. I hadnít even given her clearance to clean the flat.

Some advice would be much appreciated

01/12/2017 21:32

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband