Electrical safety and legionnaires

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Electrical safety and legionnaires
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
CaroW
1 Posts
0 Thanks

Hello, I wonder if you can help me please. I have 5 rental properties, I manage two myself and use two different agents for the others. One letting agent is insistent that although my house underwent a full electrical safety test (and remedial work was done) two years ago, plus a legionnaires assessment (with remedial work), they say that I must now have both tests performed again as it is the law to do this every two years. The other agents that I use (and incidentally rate highly as well) say that I can have a legionnaires assessment if I want, but that this and electrical safety are not legally necessary. From what I have read a while ago I could "assess" the house myself. I would like to know whether my position and responsibilities have changed recently and what would be the advice of the RLA. As I manage two properties myself, I do want to be completely happy that I have complied, but draw the line at paying for an assessment if it's not strictly necessary (particularly if nothing has changed since the last one). As for electrical safety, I got everything checked when I bought the properties three years ago - is that sufficient? Sorry if this is a bit wordy, but I hope you get the gist. How is it that letting agents differ in their advice?

05/12/2017 17:11

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions