• AST rolling contract was signed with a tenant, initially for six months starting in 2006 to continue based on one- month notice from each side. One Month Deposit was paid [Rent payable monthly].
• The deposit was used as rent payment in 2015.
• Section 21(1) was served on 22th March 2017 to expire on 8th June 2017.
• It has now been over six months since S21(1) was served and the tenant is not prepared to leave.
• I understand that the section 21 for those tenancies started after October 2015 are only valid for 6 months from the start of the notice. However, in this case the tenancy agreement goes back to the date as shown above and never been renewed.
• Please advise if the section 21(1) is still valid and what would be the quickest and best way to evict the tenant from the property.
• A large amount of rent is also overdue.
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.