change of tenant whilst AST in place,

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy change of tenant whilst AST in place,
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
jumpingjacks
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I have 2 tenants on a 6 months AST valid until end of September 2007.

I have 2 issues:

1:
I have just been informed that tenant A has moved out and Tenant B is remaining but wants his girlfriend to move in (I think she probably already has).
Tenant B has agreed verbally with Tenant A to take over financial responsibility of the flat, however Tenant B is wanting his share of the deposit returned.

This raises issues re: current AST in place and girlfriend living in without contract.
I have no objections to the change of tenants in principle, but please advise how to make sure I am best protected legally. Also, original deposit collected pre new legislation, so any change of tenancy would mean I would have to adhere to new deposit schemes.

2: Although I am assured the moving out was amicable, tenant B felt that tenant A was taking items of tenant B's whilst moving out (small value) and so has changed the lock and told me afterwards. Whilst Tenant A is still on AST, should I insist a new key is given to him? The tenant has given me a copy of the key

Many thanks for your thoughts!

06/06/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions