New landlord - basic questions
1. As a private landlord, can I 'trade as' another name (eg 'My Property Management') in order to look more professional on paperwork, business cards etc, without setting setting up as a sole trader.
2. If yes, can the bank account then be in this name?
3. What is the purpose of issuing a Section 21b at the beginning of, say, a 6 month tenancy? If it's just to give you the power to evict earlier then what happens if they're model tenants and you want them to stay for the duration?
4. I've read a post by 'Salco 5 June 2007' where they describe a 12 month contract with a 6 month break. Is this legal and a good idea?
5. Having done a credit check via the RLA, how long should it take to get an emailed response?
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.