Queries on legal requirements

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Queries on legal requirements
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
ali007
17 Posts
1 Thanks

A few issues have cropped up recently over access to a loft for boiler maintenance.

Can you please tell me:

1. Is it a legal requirement to have a loft ladder installed if a boiler is in the loft? I understand this may be best practice but can't find anything to say it is actually a legal requirement.
  2. 1. Is it a legal requirement to have a fixed light above the boiler if a boiler is in the loft? Again, I understand this may be best practice but can't find anything to say it is actually a legal requirement. (There is a loft light but it is not directly above the boiler).
  3. As a landlord, what are my rights with regards to repairing heating and hot water, especially during winter? (Not something I've ever looked into as I've always treated as an emergency anyway but had 24 hours quoted at me which seems to have just come from a tenants website).

If there are laws relating to the above can you let me know which bits apply please.
Many thanks.

09/01/2018 10:09

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband