Renting part of home when living abroad

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Renting part of home when living abroad
4 Posts
0 Thanks

We have left our family home and live abroad due to an international job opportunity. We come back on a regular basis and therefore need part of the house.
The rest of the house we are renting out on a lodger's agreement.
Due to queries from our neighbours the Council has got involved and wants to know how often we (or other people) are in the property. I'm not quite sure why as they have already received the lodger's agreement (set up by an estate agent) and have also visited the property to make sure it is not sub-divided into 2 separate dwellings (which they would not tolerate).
Is a lodger's agreement the wrong way to rent out a part of the house when not living there full-time?

09/01/2018 21:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page