S21 served can LL stop paying Water Bill

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 S21 served can LL stop paying Water Bill
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Maureen_539
1,941 Posts
762 Thanks

An ex-client followed advice to serve s21 in light of 8 months of rent arrears & 'lying through teeth tnts' playing him [ & HB office] like a piano.
He's planning to cease paying the Water bill which he includes in the monthly rent, because of a LL's liability for this bill.This is £33 pcm & he says would make him feel a bit better.
I've not been in this situation myself so perhaps colleagues can shed some light. I've advised that for the paltry sum at stake pcm, he is muddying the waters around the no fault S21. Despite the fact the tnts owe £k's to HB, I think he has little chance of success using MCOL to recover the arrears,after they do vacate. I'm not holding my breath on that.

I presume because their entitlement to HB was stopped [because of fraud] that they'll have been charged CT since? Therefore that's another LA dept in the line-up of debtors.
I've advised him to continue paying the Water Bill regardless, until they do eventually vacate.

I don't know how to advise to claim for rent arrears...ex water bill, because that sum is patently not 'rent'. This arrangement is in the AST.
I can't argue because I'm totally dumb on this entire area. My tnts pay pcm, or feel the toe of my boot up the backside after a lapse of 2 days, then the big guns fire 62 clear days of arrears.I've never got beyond the 1st warning. Thanks in advance for your advice & guidance.

11/01/2018 11:26

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions