damgae and unpaid bills of tenants who have left

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy damgae and unpaid bills of tenants who have left
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mariellee
33 Posts
0 Thanks
I have tenants (Mr &Mrs P)renting for four months. Prior to this the flat was in pristine condition, newly decorated, new kitchen new carpets or floor tiles. When the tenants left the new tenats could not move in because of the bad state of the flat which had to be completely redecorated + new Hob, several tiles replaced and new carpets. They refused to leave a forwarding address but I am aware that they have a business locally, I also discovered the name of their solicitors. The deposit did not anything like cover the costs of repairs etc. I sent an open envelope with a letter, a costings sheet and unopened mail from electric, water etc inside with a covering letter to the solicitor asking her to forward the envelop to her client, that was about three weeks ago.
I have heard nothing since then. Now I have had a debt collectors letter for outstanding electric. I have informed the debt company of the solicitors details and also sent her a copy.

I could proceed with court claim stating either the company address of the ex tenant or the solicitor. Do you think this is the right course of action or is there some other way of finding these people? Incidentally they are extremely well off and have just moved into a new build costing half million ús!! Any advice please?

10/06/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband