Couple having personal issues, Lead tenant wants to leave but partner is not

You are here : Member Forums Other Couple having personal issues, Lead tenant wants to leave but partner is not
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
shehzada420
7 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi,

I have had good working family (Non-DSS) tenants since May last year, so the year on the agreement is not over yet. Relationship broke down and have decided to split.

Lead tenant is happy to do early termination (after six months), which is fine with me but his partner is being difficult. She won't sign the termination notice, and has asked me to give her the notice so she can take it to the council for housing. She seems to be applying for benefits now.

Where do I stand? Does the notice from lead tenant terminate agreement for all additional tenants, whos' signatures were on the agreement (there were four in total, 2 already left without informing me)? Rent is being paid, I am concerned if she goes on benefits and manages to stay on in my property, I will also have to review the rent and drop it significantly.

Appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

Farhan

20/01/2018 11:29

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions