Tenants questions regarding the RLA's assured shorthand tenancy agreement.

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenants questions regarding the RLA's assured shorthand tenancy agreement.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
cpa21
1 Posts
0 Thanks

Dear Sir or Madam,
I have used the RLA assured shorthand tenancy agreement for my prospective tenant, with a period of six months and they have asked me a few questions. I would like your advice on how to answer them.

1. with regard to point A2 of the agreement my tenant has asked "we understand that after the first 6 months, the tenancy contract will be automatically renewed every month unless a one month notice is served (either by us or yourselves). Could you please confirm this?"
  2. with regard to point A3 the tenant has asked "Should you want to repossess the property during the first 6 months, you would have to serve a two months notice.

Could you please confirm this?"

My understanding was that for the first six months as the landlord I cannot terminate the tenancy unless the tenant breaks the terms of the agreement.
After this I thought that I needed to give two months notice to terminate as per section 21.
Am I correct and could you advise me on how to word my answer.

Many thanks for your advice.
Caroline Allen

20/01/2018 17:40

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions