DAMP

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance DAMP
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
marley
8 Posts
0 Thanks

HI
I have an on going problem with damp in my flat which is less than four years old. I bought as shared ownership and brand new. There was an issue with damp around the window frames. I then ket it out and the problem occurred. THe tenants reported me to the LA last year but there wasn't much condensation. I had also reported this problem to the housing association when I bought the property but all complaints had to be logged online and now they cant find them. The LA said I may need a larger radiator.. they checked through the housing association and a surveyor the possiblilty of snot but found nothing. They mentioned that there are air vents.
The LA has asked to see the property again this week and the tenants- who I had to give an eviction notice having received their notice to quit in Dec 2017 but they then delayed it to ensure their new flat they were purchasing went though. The will leave in a weeks time.
I am at a loss what to do? I have had the surveyor from the housing association out..i have had the spec for the windows which seem to comply. I have given the tenantsd a demudifyer..
I told them to bleach the area every few weeks to kill the mold and have provided a small vauum for the moisture and bleach.
Can anyone advise me!!
Also I have had the flat in joint names for a year and we also own our own property which we live in. I am thinking of selling the flat with all the charges that are coming in. Can anyone advise me or give me a contact
Thank you!

22/01/2018 17:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions