Payment of moving costs to tenants

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Payment of moving costs to tenants
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
G
GS
21 Posts
0 Thanks
I am a letting agent and one of my tenants occupied a property under the pretext that the landlord is going to make the property available to her for a long term. However, we signed a six months tenancy to begin with her. The tenant is on housing benefit and has three small childred.

Its been just over three months into the letting and the landlord has asked us to make the tenant vacate the property as he now want to occupy after the tenant gives up the possession.

The tenant has been informed about the landlord's request. However, she is not pleased to move out as she has been just able to get a local school for her children and her move is going to cost her substantially as she has her own furniture.

The tenant has asked for the landlord to pay her the costs of moving from the property when ever she is able to find a property that suites her.

I have no problems with the tenant and can give her another property.

I like to know in the given circumstances, is the landlord oblidged to pay the costs for moving the tenant or is it unjustified for the tenant to demand this money.

I look forward to your guidance.

Regards

Gurdip Singh

14/06/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband