Rent Issue with a tenant that has been really good

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Rent Issue with a tenant that has been really good
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Sam
35 Posts
3 Thanks

Hi, I have had this tenant for 5 years. There has been no problems up to now and keeps the flat clean and tidy. She is living there with her child, who has just turned 18, and so she has said she no longer is under the local council housing benefit and is now under universal credit. UC wrongly said she was living with her father and stopped her payments. She has said she is waiting to go to court to sort this out and will get a full rebate.
I have asked for evidence of any of this going on, which has not been sent through as yet. She has also said UC said it would take 2/3months to sort out.
I have been burnt last year by another UC tenant and currently going through process to get arrears back.
How can I protect myself but keep her has a tenant and trust she will pay over the money once she wins. Or am I being wet behind the ears and need to serve a S8?

28/01/2018 23:21

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions