Local authority leasehold flat - Disclosure of tenants details

You are here : Member Forums Other Local authority leasehold flat - Disclosure of tenants details
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks

I own an ex Council property, and the Council is the freeholder. According to my Lease I have to register the sublet, which includes the name and contact details of the tenant. I have registered the sublet and paid the fee, but I have not given the name nor contact details of the tenant as I fear that if I do then I will break the terms of the Data Protection Act.The Leasehold Department of the Council, London Borough of Islington are not very helpful and say that according to the terms of my lease I must supply the information that it requests. Surely this is not the first time that a landlord as question this and I would have thought that the Council should have a standard response to this question, but apparently it does not have. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

02/02/2018 10:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions