Served tennant Section 21 for the first time...

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Served tennant Section 21 for the first time...
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Ash90
20 Posts
3 Thanks

Served a Section 21 to a problematic tennant and the 2 month end date on the S21 is nearing. However I have not heard anything from the tennant however this tennant does still live there.

I served it correctly as per RLA advice with all the correct documentation previously served (GSC, EPC,R2R etc,and took time stamp photographs upon delivering the S21.

Aside from court prep what do you reccomend I start doing/planning now?

Talking to the tennant won't exactly help matters as on previous occasions the tennants stance is to be difficult and come across aggressive.

-Worth taking to the tennant and asking when they are likely to move?

-In the event the tennant does leave, what should I sign which confirms the tennant has left? (I don't want the tennnat to later claim he didn't leave etc)

- If it reaches court.. Will he be liable for any costs because as far as I know he doesn't have a reason not to move out and imo won't
find it difficult to find another place to rent (i.e he has a car, well paid job, no dependants etc)

-if it reaches court and the tennant is successfully evicted.. How does this go against the tennant in the future? - hopefully if I do get to communicate with him I can draw a picture of the possible consequences for him at court and the future. Not in a threatening manner of course,just something which may make him rethink and decide it will be best to just leave on or before the end date on the S21.

Thanks in advance.

07/02/2018 00:38

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions