right to enter property

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy right to enter property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear sir,

I have recently served notice on my tennant s21. The tenant is a single mother. after several complaints from other apartment owners and the police i have had no option to ask her to leave.The tenant is in reciept of housing benefit, which i recieve, payed by cheque from the local council monthly. the rest of the rent money is payed in cash to me by my tenant.Since the notice has been in force the tenant has not paid the cash and is becoming impossible to make contact with,next week it will be two months in deficit, after loads of phone calls to try and contact her, her phone is always turned off.i have called at the flat and there is no answer from the intercom .last night i hand delivered a letter asking her to contact me urgently,there was no reply when i knocked, but i could hear either a tv or radio through the door. my question is, what are my rights as far as gaining access to the property?and what is my next move, i realise i just cant walk through the door using my spare key, but i need to know if my tenant has not vacated the premises and left the tv on!please could you let me know what is my next move and my rights to gain access.

Yours sincerley D stott mr.

22/06/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
John Pye Auctions

Share this page