Terminating tenancy. (Gas certificate)

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Terminating tenancy. (Gas certificate)
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Black Cat
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Purchased property and exchanged January 10th 2014. Seller signed AST agreement and has remained in the property ever since.
Served notice to the tenant so that we can refurbish and sell. Tenant was due to leave the property February 11th 2018.

Didn't expect any problems. However tenant currently pays rent personally without government assistance. Tenant has now sort assistance from the local council to house him on the grounds of ill health. Council have advised tenant to stay put and told him to tell the landlord to seek his eviction through the courts.

Just for the record tenant never misses rent, however payments are occasionally late. Tenant also smokes in the property despite tenancy agreement advising otherwise.

My major concern is that I recently read tenants can not be removed from a property if a gas certificate was not in place at the beginning of the tenancy.

Recap: Exchanged January 10th 2014. Gas certificate issued 4th February 2014. We still use the same gas inspector. Who has confirmed the tenant has never been easy to get hold of to make appointments.

Before proceeding through the courts to seek eviction. I welcome opinions.

21/02/2018 11:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions