Join the Residential Landlords Association

Tenancys issued by a charity

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Tenancys issued by a charity
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
17 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi All,
I wonder if anyone can give me some advice please?

I have an HMO that my then manager (who now works for the charity & no longer manages my propertys) agreed to allow tenants to move in using an AST that has been issued by the charity - I have no agreement with the charity directly & the tenants are young adults on benefits.
The charity gets additional payment from the local authority to work with the young adults on a 12 month programme.

There are arrears but not in excess of 2 months.
The tenants are individuals that have a varying degree of issues from drug & alcohol abuse & some having mental health issues.
Whilst they have the support of the charity I am happy to let them remain but when they finish the 12 month programme, so too does their tenancy - however the charity has said they cannot issue a section 21 to the individuals - due to a change in legislation regarding authority supported individuals - I have no idea what this is?

Their tenancy agreements are for 12 months.

My query is, can I serve a section 21 notice to the tenants 2 months before the end of their tenancy agreement for them to vacate at the end of their tenancy although I haven't issued the tenancy agreements & my name is not on them - I am the owner and landlord of the house?

Thank you

22/02/2018 16:31

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions