Didn't receive the discount on the HMO licence after getting membership of The Leeds Rental Standard

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing Didn't receive the discount on the HMO licence after getting membership of The Leeds Rental Standard
M
memberW
10 Posts
1 Thanks

I had the membership of The Leeds Rental Standard before submitting my HMO licence but Leeds City council found a get out clause to deny me the discount. It appears that my licensing application was not submitted before the existing license expired - thus the get out clause.
After joining the Leeds Rental Standard it only gave me six months membership anyways. That's ok if you have nothing else to do except admin work keeping track of these expiry dates to maintain your membership as I believe this is another get out clause if you don't maintain your membership of the Leeds Rental Standard. Unfortunately I have no option except to increase rents for the tenants to cover the costs of the license.

27/02/2018 19:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions