Serving Prescribed Information

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Serving Prescribed Information
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
Kozmik
22 Posts
1 Thanks

I recently arranged with my tenants to meet them to give them the PI. The appointment was on the evening of day 30 and, although she was there and signed for the documents, he wasn't. She told me he was working late but would be at home the following day but when I turned up the next day, the house was empty.

I had half expected a problem as they had left things until the last minute, so I asked the LA helpline what I could do if they were out. They told me to take a timestamped photo of the documents as I was posting them through the letterbox as proof of service.

My understanding is that I need to serve the documents on both tenants so, as things stand, I still need to get the signature of the second tenant. Is it OK to get this outside of the 30 days, since I have proof that the PI was served within the time limit? Or if not, what can I do about this?

Thanks

02/03/2018 10:48

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions