Tenant has given notice to end the tenancy / move out - what if they dont go?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Tenant has given notice to end the tenancy / move out - what if they dont go?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
Has this happened before to anyone?
5 Posts
0 Thanks

I have a tenant who is in rent arrears and on whom I served a Section 21 notice once the tenancy came to an end. I have offered to forego the rent arrears just to get rid and avoid time, cost and hassle of applying to the Courts then bailiffs to enforce the S21. He has offered which I have accepted, confirmed via email and txt exchanges that he will vacate on 24/3/18. Where do I stand if as agreed, I go to the property on 24/3/18 but he has not / does not move out? The property is let under an assured tenancy (now periodic) and everything is in place (gas safe, EPC, I do not hold a deposit), the three rooms are individually let so the tenant has sole use of a bedroom and shared use of the rest of the property. I am not required to licence as HMO.

11/03/2018 12:18

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions