vermin in the floor boards

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy vermin in the floor boards
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
BOBY
14 Posts
0 Thanks
I am a lease holder of a flat within a block. we had vermin in between the floor boards for one year. We asked the free holder to arrange for the pest control people to deal with this problem. They used a cheap pest control company who was placing poisenous grains and sticky pads (that I bought similsr myself from homebase) to irradicate the problem.The problem was not solved.As they were going to send the same pest control company for the third time, We refused to have them.The Managing agent arranged for another pest control company to come and resolve the problem. They did the same. In the end, we had to seal the entire kitchen to close the access to these unwaned cretures.The managing agent insists that we have to pay the bill of this company.
Our question is: If there is vermin in the floorboard of a lease hold premises are the tenants rsponible for irradication of vermin or the free holder, as the lease holdrs don't apparantly own the space between the floor boards and the structure of the building? please advise.
thank you

boby

11/07/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband