Picky tenant, expensive letting agency response!,

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Picky tenant, expensive letting agency response!,
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
newbieasks
5 Posts
0 Thanks

The new tenants in my flat are extremely demanding and seem to finds problems that need fixing all the time. At first it was fair enough, one radiator did need repairing as it was not working properly. After paying for that, this lady wanted a new glass shower stall (the door just needed fixing back on which I did for her), new handles on these doors (one is broken and could be repaired with the right strong waterproof glue) and now, apparently, the plug unit on the vanity unit sink is leaking. Without telling or asking me, my letting agent sent in a 'property maintenance company' who want to charge £156 for gluing a shower door handle and replacing a plug unit. Having just spent hundreds on the usual new tenant expenses (including high fees to my freeholder and his managing agent) this seems excessive to me for a minor job. Am I being unreasonable? I have a nasty feeling that this one year contract with these tenants is going to be stressful and expensive. Already the wife of the couple is phoning my letting agency on an almost daily basis with complaints. They left their previous flat after just two months because it was apparently damp and mouldy. How would you advise me to handle them and also my letting agency who seem to think I am made of money (I am a retired person, using this flat as my 'pension') Also, can I ask them to leave after their one year contract is up?

15/03/2018 18:23

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions