Offset deposit against rent arrears

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Offset deposit against rent arrears
1 Posts
0 Thanks

My Tenant has left with rent arrears of £3300, I still hold her deposit of £800 through the DPS.
I would like to offset some of my losses by claiming this deposit, however DPS says tenant is also trying to gain access to the deposit.
It has gone to arbitration, Tenant agrees that she is in arrears but claims the local council will pay her arrears for her, I have had no contact from the council for close to a year, although tenant was receiving HB directly.
I have provided DPS Rent statement and copy of AST, what else can I do to get this deposit ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

16/03/2018 11:42

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page