Issued Section 21 but tenant upped and left

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Issued Section 21 but tenant upped and left
M
Malico
16 Posts
1 Thanks

I issued a section 21 notice to tenants I had in property after four months of the fixed period to end on the last day of the fixed period. They wanted to go we wanted them to go so it seemed to be the answer for everyone.

The day after we issued a section 21 notice the tenant apparently upped and cleared the flat and left the property. I also have other reasons to strongly believe they have gone. Prior to this they had changed the lock to the front door and despite us asking for a key they never gave us one, they have not surrendered any keys to us.

What is the best course of action now? Do I have to wait the section 21 notice out and then apply to the court for possession order? Or should I put an abandonment notice on the door? How do I gain possession then?

Thanks in advance

16/03/2018 18:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions