Can AirB&B bypass HMO?

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Can AirB&B bypass HMO?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
H. Cardiff
14 Posts
0 Thanks

I have renovated a four bedroom property to the highest standard and followed the guidelines given to me by my local Council, to obtain a HMO certificate for a four bed house. Unfortunately the advice given by the Council's HMO department was different to the planning department and I was refused a HMO after the work was completed, due to new planning regulations in my city. I also lost the appeal, so I'm left with a luxury four bed house which I can only rent out to two tenants. I don't want advice on the Council issue as I've tried every avenue.
I was thinking, what prevents me from finding four tenants, who would pay me through a website similar to AirB&B? Lets say tenant A pays for the first term, tenant B for the second, C for the third etc.
During the holidays, between each term, I could rent out the property to holidaymakers, so that the house is not exclusive to the students over a 12 month period. Also if there's a different student name, paying for each month, then it's a contract between me and that individual , rather than the four?
Does anyone do this, or am I clutching at straws?
Would appreciate some feedback

22/03/2018 11:41

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions