Insurance when sub-letting

You are here : Member Forums Other Insurance when sub-letting
10 Posts
0 Thanks

I own five flats where the local authority is the freeholder and provides building insurance as part of the management charges. I recently discovered that the buildings insurance does not cover public liability insurance were anybody to get hurt in my property, nor does it cover damage to my fixture and fittings.
I have tried to take out a second buildings insurance policy for fixtures and fittings along with public liability and legal protection insurance but I cannot get the insurance alone without purchasing a second policy for the buildings insurance.
I have raised the matter with the council but they have not responded.
Any suggestions?

25/03/2018 10:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page