Childrens hand prints on walls

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Childrens hand prints on walls
Forum Avatar
Landlady7
6 Posts
3 Thanks

Hello - my tenant is moving out after 12 months. The house was a new build and freshly decorated when she moved in. In some rooms there are 2 or 3 greasy children hand prints on the wall. I think I will need to repaint at least 2 or 3 walls. I am thinking of using a decorator as it need to be done quickly before teh new tenant moves in, estimate total cost of £150.
This is my only property and the first time I have dealt with a tenant moving out.
Should I claim this cost back out of teh deposit or is this just normal wear and tear.
I want to be a reasonable and responsible landlord. Reality is it will need painting before the new tenant moves in. What I am struggling with is whether I am being too picky or if its reasonable to charge exiting tenant.
Exiting tenant has paid all rent on time for a year. She has had more people living in the house than she originally told me and has been very awkward about communications etc and viewings since she handed in her notice.

05/04/2018 13:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband