Suicidal tenant.

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Suicidal tenant.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
H. Cardiff
14 Posts
0 Thanks

I have a tenant in a shared house of five, on a single AST agreement. (HMO licence not required in this City). She is behind with her rent by two months and is refusing to pay the rent as she is claiming that there is black mould in her room, which is causing her breathing problems. She took photos of the mould a few months back and it looks bad in photos, especially close ups. The problem is, she will not allow us access to the room to fix the problem. Every time we have been there, she is in bed and will not get up. She also smokes weed in the room and other tenants have complained about her pot smoking.
In her latest email she claims to be suicidal and that she has attempted to take her own life three times over the past six months in the room.
She has given me her aunt's email and mobile number as a guarantor when she moved in. Am I breaking the law if I forward her email to her aunt, claiming to have attempted suicide at the house? Or is there a breach of confidentiality?

10/04/2018 12:15

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions