Money due over deposit at the end of tenancy

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Money due over deposit at the end of tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Feline
46 Posts
6 Thanks

A couple separated at the end of the tenancy and left the property in a very poor state. They both agreed that the property needed redecorating and the carpet has been damaged as a result of them spilling paint on it is various places trying to repaint the flat back before leaving.

After taking off the deposit they still owe £800. As they have a guarantor I have copied her in with the emailing advising the tenants of costs with invoices. One tenant is upset that i have done this.

I have had one of their mothers email me asking for every little bit of paper, including the inventory, which they had at the start of the tenancy, pictures of the works carried out, and the damages, invoice of the original carpet being renewed. etc

Both tenants met me at the property, separately, agreed and signed a note i made that decs, cleaning oven and new carpet was required.

I don't want to keep replying to endless emails. I suspect they will never be happy with what i provide or say.

I am happy to provide copies of invoices and given costs for works I have done, such as cleaning kitchen, oven and bathroom and then after my deadline of 10 working days has pass, contact the guarantor directly for payment before applying to the courts.

Is the above quiet reasonable?

15/04/2018 21:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions