Best solution for tenant who is consistently not paying shortfall in discretionary housing benefit

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Best solution for tenant who is consistently not paying shortfall in discretionary housing benefit
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks

This tenant began an AST on 4.10.2017.
She is a single parent with 6 children.
Until 25.12.2017 there were no problems with rent.
Since then the rent has been paid erratically by Wycombe District Council discretionary housing benefit with a £45 per week shortfall due from tenant which she has never paid. A person has paid some of the shortfall on the trnants behalf and i was expecting the shortfall to be £135 on 16.4.2018.
Instead the council have frozen their payment until she provides evidence of payslips.
The council have asked her to provide this urgently.
In addition, the 4 bed house has been damaged during the trnancy e.g. door frame kickedin,?panel doors damaged,drawing on the walls and more.
The council provided a £2100.00 deposit at the start of the tenancy but 2 estate agents and a handyman are saying i should bevconcerned that the deposit will not cover the damage and my insurance does not cover malicious damage.
I donít know what to do.
Please advise.

17/04/2018 16:53

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions