Best solution for tenant who is consistently not paying shortfall in discretionary housing benefit

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Best solution for tenant who is consistently not paying shortfall in discretionary housing benefit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks

This tenant began an AST on 4.10.2017.
She is a single parent with 6 children.
Until 25.12.2017 there were no problems with rent.
Since then the rent has been paid erratically by Wycombe District Council discretionary housing benefit with a £45 per week shortfall due from tenant which she has never paid. A person has paid some of the shortfall on the trnants behalf and i was expecting the shortfall to be £135 on 16.4.2018.
Instead the council have frozen their payment until she provides evidence of payslips.
The council have asked her to provide this urgently.
In addition, the 4 bed house has been damaged during the trnancy e.g. door frame kickedin,?panel doors damaged,drawing on the walls and more.
The council provided a £2100.00 deposit at the start of the tenancy but 2 estate agents and a handyman are saying i should bevconcerned that the deposit will not cover the damage and my insurance does not cover malicious damage.
I donít know what to do.
Please advise.

17/04/2018 16:53

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions