LA Addtional licencing schemes HMO

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion LA Addtional licencing schemes HMO
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Surrey
40 Posts
9 Thanks

Hi this is just a thought. I was woundering if RLA could set up a page/survey for all members to log down how many rooms/properties they are or have taken out of circulation since all the HMO reg chaged 2017/2018 under the LA additional license schemes?
I think the new requirements are going to have or are having a huge impact on this part of the housing market and I think we as a group, should be monitoring the impact of these changes.
I am about to take 5 affordable rooms out of circulation due to the changes. Removing accommodation for 10 people.
This all seems crazy given the housing shortage we have been advised of.
If we selectively as a group collate information to present to government and the public about the impact these changes are having on the market regarding rent increases and shortage of affordable housing then we might be able to campaign for withdrawal of some of the policy.

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
20/04/2018 17:52

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions