council tax recovery

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy council tax recovery
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
carlos
4 Posts
0 Thanks
The council are tryig to make me pay council tax for a period when a tenant was living in the property. The tenancy started on 1st nov 2005 on the rla tenancy agreement for the standard six months. The tenancy was not determined after that period until the tenant verbally told me she was leaving in january 2007 and paid rent up in full until the 31st January 2007. However the council have said the following
We have updated our records and registered the liable parties for the periods on their tenancies. After their tenancies expired we have awarded 6 months exemption for the property being unoccupied and unfurnished.

As we have no evidence that ******* ******** remained in the property after 30/05/06 we have been unable to extend her liability any further and as such we have awarded the 6 month exemption from 30/05/06 until 30/11/06. As from 30/11/06 there will be a charge for yourself as the owner of the property up to the date the new tenant became resident.

If you have any evidence that ******* ******** remained in the property after her tenancy please provide this as soon as possible.

as you can see they have excepted the tenancy and they have decided it was empty after 30/05/06. What is my liability and what further proof can i provide. can you help please

02/08/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband