Do I need planning permission for a hmo with 5 occupants?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Do I need planning permission for a hmo with 5 occupants?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
heather
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello all,
We have recently purchased a 4 bed house with 2 receps- and are currently making 5 ensuite bedrooms. The HMO licensing lady from our local council has been out to us and is happy with what she saw. She and her colleagues in the planning department have confirmed that we did NOT need planning permission. However, as some neighbours have called planning - we have had a visit and I suspect they are going to change their minds about permission - and this morning we received a letter from Building regs saying that the house was undergoing a material change and they would tell Planning.

Any advice on what to say gratefully received, some local residents have complained that they dont want any Polish people in the street ( backwards, yes), and so I think they will make a stink to get permission refused.
Any know of a good planning consultant?
Any advice gratefully recieved, I don't have the comments from Planning in writing - it was done over the phone.

07/08/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband