council's responsibilities

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion council's responsibilities
R
RAINBOWS
394 Posts
35 Thanks

I have an apartment in Kent and the council is renting it from me for their council tenants. This has always been rented to them. This week I got an agent to value the property in order to sell. The agent informed me there has been a leak from the flat above and it has caused substantial damage which has neither been rectified by the council nor informed to me. Its the responsilbility of the people above but now I feel its the council responsibility because they have not acted in time to claim from the top floor owners or from their insurance. Also when there was a void in 2009 they had re decorated but now its in a terrible state but the council says its time for redecoration and that its my responsibility.Also they have lost the inventory and photos and I cannot ask them to put it back into the original condition. They keep saying its fair wear and tear and thats upto me. Have any of you clever people experienced this sort of thing or can you advice me what to do under the circumstances?

03/05/2018 22:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions