Moving from agent to self-managing but keeping the same tenands

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Moving from agent to self-managing but keeping the same tenands
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Andreas2000
2 Posts
0 Thanks

Hello,

I am a new-ish landlord and I would like your advice as I would like to start managing the property on my own now (from mid-June). I am comfortable managing the property but I’d like to make sure the paperwork is correct and I’m not breaking any regulations.

The property (3-bedroom semi) has been let via two different agents for the last three years. The existing tenants would like to remain in the property so I will need to make the paper work to transfer deposit, inventory and a new tenancy agreement. The tenants have a dog and are also responsible for a “professional clean” and a “pet clean” at the end of their tenancy.

Do you have any pointers on how to:

1. Transfer the deposit protection from the agent to myself.
  2. Deal with the inventory and any possible damages the tenants did during their tenancy with the agent. E.g. does the agent have to do a check out?
  3. Any example tenancy agreements that have clauses for (a) professional cleaning (b) pets in them.

Also, am I allowed to copy the existing tenancy agreement (of the agent) and put my name on it? Or is this a copyrighted to a specific agent?
Any help and advice will be very welcome!

Many thanks,

Andreas

05/05/2018 09:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions