tenant has abandoned property

You are here : Member Forums Other tenant has abandoned property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
steven
86 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi, My tenant has today informed me that he has left the house he has been renting with his wife (no children) He informed me by text message at 13:00 today (8th may) he also informed me that he actually left the property on 3rd May. I have asked him to confirm everything by e mail, but so far I have heard nothing back. He moved into the property on 4th January 2018, and his payment day was the 4th of the month. Her said that the next door neighbours were very noisy, 'with men coming and going 24 hours a day' He did mention the noise from neighbours verbally to me on one occasion. He said he contacted the police and couincil but nothing was done. He said hes been off work for 2 weeks , and he claims he has PTSD. He texted me to say hes left and hes posted the keys through the letter box. Can I legally enter the property this evening to see inside. I am keen to see inside because he left on 3rd may, but oly bothered to tell me 5 days later. What is my best course of action now. thank steven

08/05/2018 16:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions