Boyfriend not paying rent

You are here : Member Forums Other Boyfriend not paying rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
JJC
5 Posts
0 Thanks

I've just been contacted by a good tenant whose live-in boyfriend is not paying his share of the rent or bills (and is behaving erratically). She wants him out.

She has been a good tenant for several years. Last Sept the boyfriend moved at at which time I started a new tenancy with both of them - jointly and severally - with a 6 month fixed period (so that has now passed and it is periodic).

Looks like the relationship has ended and I'd be glad for him to move out and start yet another AST just with her again. I don't think there is any other good outcome.

I'm aware that this is a domestic issue between the two of them and I can't think that I can, or even should, get involved in any way. So long as the rent continues to be paid and the contract is respected - then it is none of my business.

However, if there is anything I can do, even if it is pointing my tenant at some other source of advice, then I'd like to help get to a good resolution for everyone if I can.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Is there anything I can to do to usefully help resolve this? Am I taking any risks getting involved?

Many thanks for any advice received,

Joe

16/05/2018 12:09

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions