Query relating to additional occupier of my premises

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Query relating to additional occupier of my premises
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Landlord_818
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Sir/Madam

Please could you advise me relating to a particular situation regarding the tenants of my property.

I have obtained a tenant via a letting agent and the letting agent arranged for the tenant to be credit checked through LETSURE.

Everything was fine and the gentleman tenant moved in on 2nd August.

I was aware at the time the tenant was found that a lady would be moving into the propety but a date was not given for moving in and has not yet been given.

The letting agent said that it was not the correct thing to do to ask the lady to sign the tenancy agreement as she was not yet living at the property.

The letting agent has advised the way to pursue this is that when the lady moves in, she must sign and addendum to the tenancy agreement, which she signs not as a tenant but as a permitted occupier.

This was the way advised due to the fact that the gentleman is going to be fully responsible for paying the rent therefore we need not state her as a tenant and need not get her credit checked.

I was advised by the letting agent that a permitted occupier has the samd status as a tenant ie must abide by all the rules in the tenancy agreement.

The gentleman tenant has been advised he must advise us when the lady is going to move in so we can arrange for her to sign this agreement.

The question I have to you is when do you advise I should ask the lady to sign the agreement.

I know she is staying there as the neighbours have said she is there some days and nights, but when should I ask her to sign as a permitted occupier and do you agree she need not be credit checked due to the fact that she is only a permitted occupier and not responsible for the rent.

Thank you very much

16/08/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband