Am I responsible for putting up curtain poles in an unfurnished property after tenant has moved in

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Am I responsible for putting up curtain poles in an unfurnished property after tenant has moved in
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
figgy
21 Posts
2 Thanks

I rented a property to a lady in 2016. The property was unfurnished apart from carpets & floor coverings. For privacy I supplied blinds to some windows and the net curtains to other.

The tenant's (ex?) partner has recently been to the property and put up a wooden board in the living room and the tenant is now expecting me to supply and fit curtain rails with curtains.

I wasn't even approached with regard to fitting the board and don't think at this stage I should have to pay to buy the poles, pay to have them fitted and supply curtains.

I take photos for inventory purposes. It is clear on the photos that curtains were not on the original inventory. I choose not to put up rails because the house had been completely refurbished with new UPVc doors and windows. I haven't as yet seen how the board has been attached so I don't know if any damage has been caused to the actual window frame.

I would welcome any thoughts.
Thank you.

24/05/2018 17:47

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions