Am I responsible for putting up curtain poles in an unfurnished property after tenant has moved in

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Am I responsible for putting up curtain poles in an unfurnished property after tenant has moved in
F
figgy
21 Posts
2 Thanks

I rented a property to a lady in 2016. The property was unfurnished apart from carpets & floor coverings. For privacy I supplied blinds to some windows and the net curtains to other.

The tenant's (ex?) partner has recently been to the property and put up a wooden board in the living room and the tenant is now expecting me to supply and fit curtain rails with curtains.

I wasn't even approached with regard to fitting the board and don't think at this stage I should have to pay to buy the poles, pay to have them fitted and supply curtains.

I take photos for inventory purposes. It is clear on the photos that curtains were not on the original inventory. I choose not to put up rails because the house had been completely refurbished with new UPVc doors and windows. I haven't as yet seen how the board has been attached so I don't know if any damage has been caused to the actual window frame.

I would welcome any thoughts.
Thank you.

24/05/2018 17:47

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions