Change of use?

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing Change of use?
2 Posts
0 Thanks

I have inherited an HMO which was originally given a license to house 6 people. It consisted of 6 en-suite rooms and a shared kitchen. Since then, kitchenettes have been fitted in all the rooms (cooker, sink and cupboard underneath and counterspace) and the shared kitchen/dining area has been converted into a nearly self-contained apartment. This is in the basement and has its own entrance, although there is access to the main building. There is still a shared utility room and some of the rooms share fridges/freezers in a common area.
The license is due for renewal at the end of this year with Salford City council. Is there any way to avoid having to rip the new kitchens out in order to meet the conditions for license renewal (or qualification for a different type of license) and also should all tenants pay their own council tax?

30/05/2018 06:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page