Join the Residential Landlords Association


You are here : Member Forums General Discussion GDPR
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Accidental llord
Accidental llord
32 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi, I'm about to have tenants move into a property that's empty. I've read all the very helpful info on RLA's website about GDPR and drafted the relevant docs. The only step I need to complete is registering to the Information Commissioner. I'm embarrassed to say that I've stumbled at the first question! In question one which asks 'organisation type' - in the drop down, the ones I feel may be relevant to me are 'individual/sole trader' OR 'partnership'. To provide context, I jointly own one property with one other person, which we let together - I do all the admin side of things, not the other person. I'm going to ring the ICO next week, but their website warns that they're receiving a high volume of calls so in anticipation of not getting through I thought I would ask those of you on the forum: (i) how should I identify myself? As an individual or parternship. (ii) in case of the former, do me and the other person have to sign up to the ICO separately? I know that there are some very people on the forum so any thoughts in the meantime would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance.

02/06/2018 19:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions