19 year old applicant can't find her tenancy agreement

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion 19 year old applicant can't find her tenancy agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
nicest landlord
843 Posts
256 Thanks

I have a young woman(pregnant) applying for my 2 bed inner city house. She says she can't find her tenancy agreement.

I am in the process of checking her out. I phoned the man she told me was her landlord on a moblile phone number she gave me but I am not convinced he is the real landlord. He sounded like a young Manchester man whereas the land registry plus companies house digging tells me the owner is a 71 year old accountant from Dorset.

She claims her ast does not give a landlord address and she can't find it anyway. I have said I want to see the ast because I can't believe it would have no landlord address.

Am I right to insist on seeing the ast?
I would expect tenants in general to keep their tenancy agreement and in this case it is a key part of checking whether this glowing reference is genuine. What do you think?

07/06/2018 10:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions