19 year old applicant can't find her tenancy agreement

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion 19 year old applicant can't find her tenancy agreement
Forum Avatar
nicest landlord
676 Posts
198 Thanks

I have a young woman(pregnant) applying for my 2 bed inner city house. She says she can't find her tenancy agreement.

I am in the process of checking her out. I phoned the man she told me was her landlord on a moblile phone number she gave me but I am not convinced he is the real landlord. He sounded like a young Manchester man whereas the land registry plus companies house digging tells me the owner is a 71 year old accountant from Dorset.

She claims her ast does not give a landlord address and she can't find it anyway. I have said I want to see the ast because I can't believe it would have no landlord address.

Am I right to insist on seeing the ast?
I would expect tenants in general to keep their tenancy agreement and in this case it is a key part of checking whether this glowing reference is genuine. What do you think?

07/06/2018 10:59

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions