Want tenant to re-reference tenant and guarantor after breach of agreement

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Want tenant to re-reference tenant and guarantor after breach of agreement
Forum Avatar
Mon
11 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi,

My insurance company terms states that after a breach of tenancy agreement, tenant and guarantor must be re-referenced again.

My new tenant has not paid 1st month rent and it is now overdue 2 weeks. I have sent 2 reminders by recoded post. Will be completing and sending section 8 after 2 months rent is in arrears, if she still hasn't paid by then. I used your RLA rent agreement ( not the one with deposit protection). I used my own deposit protection.

My 1st query: if she pays (before or after section 8 notice is sent), I believe, she has she still breached the agreement and thus need to be re-referenced again for my rent protection insurance to be valid. Is that correct?

My second query: what if she refuses to give consent and details to re-reference tenant and guarantor again?

My third query: Are their any terms in RLA rent agreement which states that tenant must act accordingly to satisfy any future requests by the landlord, which is genuine and in relation to this rent agreement.

Thanks.

Monika

07/06/2018 14:29

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions